Rodger Outten is the Founding Principal and IP Chair of OuttenIP’s Trade Mark Practice. Rodger serves as lead counsel in the firm’s Copyright, Trade Mark and Patent Litigation Practices she has knowledgeable experience in intellectual property matters and provides strategic counsel to both domestic and international clients. Rodger has expertise in the strategic implementation of intellectual property protections, brand management and enforcement procedures.
Rodger advises clients on a spectrum of intellectual property issues including strategic protection, transfer, commercialization and enforcement of intellectual property related rights. She has significant transactional expertise including advising clients on acquisitions and mergers, negotiating intellectual property related contracts and advising on all aspects of franchising matters. She also has formidable experience in the arenas of providing assurance and business advisory services to Fortune 500 Companies and her audit and risk management experience serves to fortify her astute disciplines in due diligence and structured financing ventures.
- The Bar of the Commonwealth of the Bahamas
- The Bar of England & Wales
- B.A. (The College of Saint Benedict), St. Joseph, MN, USA.
- LL.B (Hons.) (University of Buckingham), Buckingham, England.
- College of Law, London, England, UK.
- The Bahamas Bar Association
- The Chartered Institute of Arbitrators Bahamas Branch (CIArb)
- The Honourable Society of the Inner Temple
- The International Bar Association (IBA)
- The Institute of Trade Mark Attorneys (ITMA)
Professional and Community Development
- Performs pro bono work for select artists and artisans.
- Spanish (Intermediate)